New Power Screw, Ball screws and Thermal Properties of Materials calculation modules and other improvments...
Enhancements and modifications into version 1.76:
The program (algorithm) is used to design and check power screws. It is used to solve the following tasks:
- Calculation of kinematic parameters (speed, torque, revolutions and power output...)
- Simple selection / definition of power screw (metric, square, trapezoidal...)
- Screw check for tensile/pressure, thrust, bend, buckling and critical revolutions.
- The program contains a table of materials, threads and friction coefficients.
- Support of 2D CAD systems.
The program (algorithm) is used to design, calculate and check ball screws. It is used to solve the following tasks:
- Preliminary design (minimum input parameters – sufficient to navigate and select from catalogs)
- Detailed analysis (load, dimensions, parameter check)
- Load spectrum table definition (speed, torque, revolutions and power output...)
- Calculation of an equivalent load
- Service life calculation, tolerances, temperature analysis
- Tensile/Pressure, thrust, bend, buckling and critical revolutions
- Lubrication proposal and efficiency calculation
- The program contains tables of screws according to ISO and ANSI
- Support of 2D CAD systems
Thermal Properties of Materials
The workbook contains information defining the effect of temperature on some physical and mechanical properties of materials used in the engineering industry. It solves the following tasks:
- Calculation of the linear coefficient of thermal expansion and elongation of the component for the given heating process.
- Elongation of a group of components made of various materials arranged into a linear chain.
- Calculation of the modulus of elasticity for the given temperature.
- The database contains approximately 700 metallic materials used in mechanical engineering.
Calculation extensions, modifications and updates:
Rolling Bearings – the possibility to calculate and compare the service life of an equivalent bearing supplied by another manufacturer has been added
Bolted Connection, Spring Calculations – refinement of the empirical model used in determining the physical properties of materials based on temperature
Welded Connections – redesign of calculation controls with the intention to improve workbook compatibility with different versions of MS Excel
Pinned Couplings – for some types of connection, the maximum permissible number of pins in the connection has been increased
Update of support of all 2D/3D CAD system (AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Solid Edge)
New Instructional Videos: here
New versions of MITCalc are available for download here.